This DIY Ferris Sweep kit comes with:
- 2x Sweep PCBs
- 2x Acrylic/FR4 Base Plates + 2x Acrylic/FR4 Switch Plates
- 34x Kailh MX Hotswap Sockets
- 2x TRRS jacks
- 2x Power Switches
- Mounting hardware
Parts that don’t come in the kit, but are required for the DIY build:
Parts that are optional, but recommended for the build:
- Mill Max Low Profile Sockets (to make the controller hotswap)
- Mill Max Socket Pins
- 2x Rechargeable Li-Po Battery (in case you plan to make it wireless with Nice!Nano)
- PCB Supports only MX style switches and kailh MX hotswap sockets (not possible to solder the switches directly into PCB)
- Split keyboard with 3 rows, 5 columns and 2 thumbs per half
- Reset switch is not included since you can short with tweezers 2x the RST (reset) and GND (ground) pins on the controller and/or define in QMK firmware a shortcut.
- You will need to know some basic programming if you’ll want to adapt the keymap’s layout to your needs
- You will need some basic knowledge of soldering + soldering equipment
- PCBs don’t support: Oled screen, RGB leds, nor rotary encoders
Photos are for demonstration purpose ONLY, please read the full kit description.
On the photos are presented the Smoked Plates on the Left and FR4 Plates on the Right.
Ferris Sweep was created by @davidphilipbarr and it’s contributors